Your browser is not supported. Please click here to learn how to update your browser. Thank you.

Heath Big Local helps Uttoxeter Town FC

Heath Big Local is happy to announce a donation of £23,000 to Uttoxeter Town Football Club.

At the end of the recent football season. Uttoxeter Town Football Club continued their longstanding climb up the league by coming second in the Staffordshire County League Premier Division. This entitles the club to seek promotion to the next level of the Football Association ("FA") league system. Well done lads!

But there's a catch.

To play at the next level, known as "Level 6" in the FA's jargon, the club has to improve the facilities at their home ground. At this level, grounds must have a covered area with seating for spectators, and a floodlight system, neither of which currently exist at the Oldfields ground where Uttoxeter Town play. These improvements will cost quite a lot of money - about £100,000!

The FA themselves will pay 70% of the cost, providing that the club can raise the other 30%. The club raised almost £7,000 independently (quite an achievement in its own right!) and came to the Heath Big Local for help with the remaining £23,000. After ensuring that the application met the funding criteria laid down by the Big Lottery Fund and by Heath Big Local, we arranged for the money to be provided from our total fund of £1m.

Rupert Hill of Heath Big Local presents a cheque of £23000 to Graham Shenton and Martin Gadsby of Uttoxeter Town Football Club
Rupert Hill of Heath Big Local presents a cheque of £23000 to Graham Shenton and Martin Gadsby of Uttoxeter Town Football Club.

^NEED ORIGINAL LARGER VERSION OF ABOVE PHOTO, IF AVAILABLE.

The cheque was presented by Rupert Hill of Heath Big Local, to Graham Shenton and Martin Gadsby of Uttoxeter Town Football Club, on Saturday 17th May. Work on the ground should start in July, and should be ready for the beginning of next season.

Local Trust is a non-profit company operated by a charity called Big Local Trust.
Company registration number: 783336. Registered charity number: 1147511.

Copyright © The Heath Big Local, 2013 - 2019

Funded by:

linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram